You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pls how do I restore my contacts that got deleted after iOS 13 update! This issue has messed up my phone and my life and I’m so disappointed with apple

Pls how do I restore my contacts that got deleted during the iOS 13 update, this issue is messing up my phone and my life and I’m so disappointed with apple. Apple should be ashamed of themselves for the stress they are putting people through, I wish I can sue them

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 11:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 7:34 AM

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and under Advanced on the left side, click Restore Contacts.

If you weren't syncing Contacts with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2019 7:34 AM in response to Kingsley_obi

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and under Advanced on the left side, click Restore Contacts.

If you weren't syncing Contacts with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Nov 27, 2019 6:49 AM in response to Kingsley_obi

You are welcome. Are the contacts that are disappearing contacts you have previously deleted? Once you have all your contacts on your phone, before connecting to WiFi, go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser to see if all the contacts are there. If the ones that are deleting aren't there, try adding them to iCloud.com/Contacts. Then see if they will sync correctly.

Pls how do I restore my contacts that got deleted after iOS 13 update! This issue has messed up my phone and my life and I’m so disappointed with apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.