You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari audio stops when unless screen is left on

I just updated iphone 7s to ios 13. Every day I listen to audio from a website that plays ham radio (websdr) and while listening I’ll close safari and use other apps, or open another safari window, or just shut the phone down (sleep) and the audio keeps playing until I go back into safari and close that web page. Now, since the ios update, the audio will only play if I do nothing else with the phone and leave that webpage on with the screen on (don’t let it time out and go to sleep). This now means the phone is no longer a multi use device but only good for one task when listening to audio through safari. Any help on getting the audio to go back to playing like before?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 5:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 2:37 PM

I have the same problem. Tricks such as using the audio control center to resume browser audio did not work either.

3 replies

Safari audio stops when unless screen is left on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.