You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have attempted to install several fonts today. I followed all of the instructions above, and it seems that the fonts are installing. However, when I look in the list or in applications, none of them show up.

How can I troubleshoot and fix this?

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 12:22 PM

Are the fonts compatible with macOS Catalina? You did not mention just dropping the fonts into your local Library. I know either method works for me on Catalina 10.15.1. If you are attempting to install Windows only fonts, that may be an issue.

9 replies

Nov 25, 2019 12:04 PM in response to ADatHeler

In Catalina, you double-click on the individual font face, and Fontbook will open a small window with an Install Font button. I can immediately (< 15s) open Pages and the font that I just installed appears on the Font menu. This is true with LibreOffice v6.3.3.2 also.

If you have a font with a large number of font faces, you can just drag and drop the enclosing folder into your local Fonts folder (/Users/yourname/Library/Fonts) and the same result occurs as in the first paragraph — the new fonts are quickly recognized in applications. Saves the tedium of double-clicking individual font faces per the first paragraph.

I have attempted to install several fonts today. I followed all of the instructions above, and it seems that the fonts are installing. However, when I look in the list or in applications, none of them show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.