You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add devices to "find my iPhone" app

After an update to IOS 13 the "find my iPhone" app only shows my iPhone. There is no option to add a device (that I can find). Before updating to the new IOS I had my aging parents iPhones listed on the app so that I could locate them if something should happen, but now they are missing. I confirmed that they have their "find my iPhone 'on'", they have IOS 13.1.3 and they are signed into their Apple ID.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 5:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 5:42 AM

On their devices, are they sharing their location?

Find My - Official Apple Support —> Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

They need to share their location with you from their devices.

2 replies

Dec 9, 2019 5:37 AM in response to Michael Black

Sorry for the delay Michael, my parents live in Tennessee so I don't have easy access to their phones and they are not very tech-savvy! Yes, sharing is on, but it still doesn't show up for some reason. I'm more concerned about the "find my iPhone" feature which I am not able to pull up anymore. It appears that I can only find my own iPhone from my own iPhone and that's it... doesn't make sense to me because if I lost my iPhone, I would use, say my wife's iPhone to find it or erase the memory.

I don't have the option on my iPhone (in the find my iPhone app) to even enter their apple ID like I used to... it only shows MY Apple ID and I can't change it. In the past, my mom misplaced her phone and we were able to easily find it using my iPhone because I just entered her Apple ID in the "find my iPhone" app and sign in and find it. Now, after the recent IOS update, I can't find a way to access it anymore.

Thank you.

Unable to add devices to "find my iPhone" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.