You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not send a iMessage to just one iPhone contact

My husband and I both have iphoneX I can not send a iMessage to him from my phone. I also have the iPad mini 6 and from there I can not send him any messages. I can send iMessages to all my other contacts with iPhones as well as my iPad. We are both up to date with iOS and have rebooted both of our phones and my iPad. I do not have him blocked and I have SMS on as well as iMessage on my devices. I can send him a regular text from my phone only. Is there something else I need to do on either of our phones?

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 5:06 PM

3 replies

Nov 30, 2019 4:00 PM in response to TRaiaB

Hi TRaiaB,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to send iMessages to your husband through either an iPad mini or an iPhone. I can help shed some light.

I recommend following the steps outlined in this helpful article: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Specifically the section that says, "If you see a green message bubble." Following the steps in that section may help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Kind regards.

Can not send a iMessage to just one iPhone contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.