You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID not working

Hello. My friend has just purchased iphone 11 pro Max in Georgia (middle east).

The iphone has manufacturer defect and face ID and front camera is not working properly. FACE ID was not working at all the first time she turned on the phone. After restart it worked for few hours, after that it broke again, and even front camera was not working. We have updated ios and not only face ID is not working :). Who should my friend apply for help? and will the phone be replaced with a new one? my friend does not want replacement of any part of the device.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 2:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 3:03 AM

Hello,

Take the iPhone back to the store where it came from immediately, preferably an Apple Store. Make sure you do not open, or try to fix the issue by a third party shop. This will void warranty immediately.

If this is a manufacturing defect, and it's not because of user-end damage. This will likely be covered under warranty. Make an apointment in the Apple Store, and check in with them for this issue.

Kind regards,

K

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2019 3:03 AM in response to tvasa11

Hello,

Take the iPhone back to the store where it came from immediately, preferably an Apple Store. Make sure you do not open, or try to fix the issue by a third party shop. This will void warranty immediately.

If this is a manufacturing defect, and it's not because of user-end damage. This will likely be covered under warranty. Make an apointment in the Apple Store, and check in with them for this issue.

Kind regards,

K

Face ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.