You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I activate my voicemail on the iPhone 8 that I just received from AT

How do I setup voicemail on an iPhone 8 if the phone won’t accept the four digit code and allow you to finish?

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 3:16 PM

I'm not Apple. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. Feedback to Apple goes here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple not in the forum. Also, I'm not sure where you are reading about the setup of voicemail asking for a 4-digit password. This is the setup for Visual Voicemail, and it says nothing about 4-digits. Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2019 3:16 PM in response to 87FXLRC

I'm not Apple. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. Feedback to Apple goes here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple not in the forum. Also, I'm not sure where you are reading about the setup of voicemail asking for a 4-digit password. This is the setup for Visual Voicemail, and it says nothing about 4-digits. Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 27, 2019 2:46 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Interestingly enough, the instructions for setting up your voicemail say to enter a minimum four digit password, when in reality you must enter a minimum of seven digits for the password to get the “done” icon to activate and allow you continue the activation process. Instructions from previous applications not being updated and or deleted was and/or is the problem here. Searching through multiple applications allowed me to find the CORRECT PASSWORD ENTRY required to setup the voicemail on my phone. Way to go, again, Apple! Fixing what isn’t broken and then failing to delete and/or update what didn’t need changing to start with.

How can I activate my voicemail on the iPhone 8 that I just received from AT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.