You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad home button not working

My iPad is acting like I am pressing the home button when I am not and when I actually do press the home button nothing happens. At first it would be stuck on Siri so I turned her off but I could not unlock my iPad because you must press to open so I turned on the setting to rest your finger on touchid instead and added that guided touch home button. Now it closes out of apps at random times and brings me to the multitasker, to the home screen, back to the multitasker, sometimes to my accessibility shortcut. This has been happening for about a month now and is beginning to render it almost unusable. I have tried restarting. I have tried updating software. Nothing is helping. There are no apple genius bars within a 150 mile radius so please do not suggest that.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 8:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 9:37 AM

Hello,

I suggest that you reach out to Apple for assistance.

Contact AppleCare

1 reply

iPad home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.