You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to right click on an iPad when using with Sidecar?

Hi

Is it possible to activate the equivalent to a right click on the iPad when having it connected via Sidecar?

The software I wish to use it with has the ability to right click on my Mac (using the Touchpad), but when I have the equivalent window on my iPad I am not able to right click when using the Apple pencil.

Perhaps there is a setting I need to adjust? Or a secret method?

If this is not currently possible, please Apple can you make it so.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 3:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 7:48 AM

Hello,

Yes, dating back to macOS 7 if a user held down the ⌃ (Control) key while clicking the Mac would access a secondary menu "right click". If you hold down the ⌃ (Control) key from the sidebar within Sidecar while tapping the screen with the Apple Pencil then Sidecar will access the secondary menu just like right click.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2019 7:48 AM in response to symos

Hello,

Yes, dating back to macOS 7 if a user held down the ⌃ (Control) key while clicking the Mac would access a secondary menu "right click". If you hold down the ⌃ (Control) key from the sidebar within Sidecar while tapping the screen with the Apple Pencil then Sidecar will access the secondary menu just like right click.

Possible to right click on an iPad when using with Sidecar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.