You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camcorder compatible with os

Since upgrading to OS14 on my MacBook pro 13" neither of my Sony camcorders are recognized when connected via USB. I hVE Sony HDR-HC3 and a Sony XR200. Any solution for this?

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 7:58 AM

Hi there, Huck.

I see that your MacBook Pro doesn't recognize your Sony camcorders since you upgraded to macOS Mojave, and I'm glad to help.

macOS Mojave Compatibility Information for Digital Camcorders -- These are the Sony Digital Camcorders compatible with macOS Mojave.

If nothing happens when you connect a camera to your Mac -- If your cameras are compatible, this page of the Photos User Guide provides the steps you need.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2019 7:58 AM in response to Huck

Hi there, Huck.

I see that your MacBook Pro doesn't recognize your Sony camcorders since you upgraded to macOS Mojave, and I'm glad to help.

macOS Mojave Compatibility Information for Digital Camcorders -- These are the Sony Digital Camcorders compatible with macOS Mojave.

If nothing happens when you connect a camera to your Mac -- If your cameras are compatible, this page of the Photos User Guide provides the steps you need.

Take care.

camcorder compatible with os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.