You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the Unlocked Apple Watch 5 work with my T-Mobile Carrier?

Will the Unlocked AppleWatch 5 work with my T-Mobile Carrier

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:22 PM

There is no such thing as an unlocked Apple Watch 5. If you purchase an Apple Watch 5 GPS+Cellular, it has to be the model designed for your location, and will only work on cellular with a carrier that supports cellular on the watch. There is no way to know where you are located, since you did not share that information. If you do not wish to activate the cellular portion of the Watch, it will still work with your iPhone present just like any GPS watch would. Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2019 4:22 PM in response to Tazmania0463

There is no such thing as an unlocked Apple Watch 5. If you purchase an Apple Watch 5 GPS+Cellular, it has to be the model designed for your location, and will only work on cellular with a carrier that supports cellular on the watch. There is no way to know where you are located, since you did not share that information. If you do not wish to activate the cellular portion of the Watch, it will still work with your iPhone present just like any GPS watch would. Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Nov 29, 2019 6:32 PM in response to Tazmania0463

Apple Watches are not locked. If you buy from Apple, then it will work with any of the carriers. I'll assume you are U.S. based and will be buying in the U.S.

If you purchase a GPS only model, then the carrier does not get involved.

A GPS only model will do Everything the cellular model does as long as the iPhone is nearby. The cellular model just gets to leave the iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride, etc...

Will the Unlocked Apple Watch 5 work with my T-Mobile Carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.