You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I sync music to my ipod classic

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 2:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 2:39 PM

The 160Gb iPod classic is able to reallocate up to 16,384 unreadable sectors. You've used up about half the capacity, but the fact that none show as pending is a positive sign. Max. temp has gone over the nominal limit of 50c at some point. Try the DFU Restore method in the user tip. iPod classic is classified as an obsolete product by Apple so their staff are unlikely to be able to provide much in the way of assistance.

tt2

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2019 2:39 PM in response to Larrylea

The 160Gb iPod classic is able to reallocate up to 16,384 unreadable sectors. You've used up about half the capacity, but the fact that none show as pending is a positive sign. Max. temp has gone over the nominal limit of 50c at some point. Try the DFU Restore method in the user tip. iPod classic is classified as an obsolete product by Apple so their staff are unlikely to be able to provide much in the way of assistance.

tt2

Dec 3, 2019 5:13 AM in response to Viejo73

iPod classic is classed as obsolete (see Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support) but that doesn't mean that macOS 10.15 Catalina isn't able to connect to and update an iPod classic. My own experience has been that it doesn't like the device in Windows (FAT32) format, which previously hasn't been an issue for iTunes on Mac. I've currently got 7,625 songs on my Classic that were loaded through Finder in Catalina.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.