You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Alerts

I am not getting text alert sounds on all of my text messages. It just alerts randomly.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 11:37 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2019 1:47 PM in response to MHall302

Hi MHall302,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Messages notifications, and you are not consistently hearing your set notification alert. I'd like to help.

-Is this only happening with your Messages app? Or, do you also experience the same behavior with other applications?

-How do you have your notifications set up for Messages? And, are all types of notifications failing (Banners, Badges, Sounds)? Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

-Do you notice any patterns in how you are using your phone, when the notifications become inconsistent? i.e. when using the phone, when a Bluetooth headset is connected, when on cellular or Wi-Fi, etc.

Please make sure your iPhone is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, and try restarting to test for the same behaviors again: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

If you need continued support, reach back out with responses to the questions above.

Regards.

Text Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.