You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 water proof

Is the Apple Watch series 3 always water proof or do you have to turn it on before you get it wet?

I’m just confused on what the point of the water mode is. I have read a bunch of articles but I still don’t get if u have to activate the water proof mode or is the watch always water proof.

like is there something I have to do before I go for a swim? Or take a shower?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 2:15 AM

read About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Atbalsts

2 replies

Dec 1, 2019 2:13 AM in response to bhavin84

Firstly an apple watch isn't waterproof it is water resistant,and the water mode as you call it is turned on when you go for a swim this is so that there is no accidental screen touches that could pause or stop your swimming workout.

And it is NOT recommended to shower with the watch on this is because the soaps and shower gel etc could damage the watch to the point where it stops working so DO NOT take it in the shower.

Apple Watch series 3 water proof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.