You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after upgrading my 2019 macbook pro from mojave to catalina I my mailboxes in on my mac have disappeared

after upgrading my 2019 macbook pro from mojave to catalina I my mailboxes in on my mac have disappeared. How can I retrieve them? I backed up my MacBook Pro before updating to catalina

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 10:11 PM

I have found a folder, BE60965F-4C01-420D-B54A-C74270E2D143, on my MacHD which has all of the missing mailboxes. It was created during the update from Mojave to Catalina and has the expected amount of data (20.5 GB). All are either .mbox files or .mbx.mbox files. A few were transferred to the Exchange section of the mail sidebar. How do I get the rest of the mailboxes transferred to the On My Mac section of my mail?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2019 10:11 PM in response to jhenemark-tucson

I have found a folder, BE60965F-4C01-420D-B54A-C74270E2D143, on my MacHD which has all of the missing mailboxes. It was created during the update from Mojave to Catalina and has the expected amount of data (20.5 GB). All are either .mbox files or .mbx.mbox files. A few were transferred to the Exchange section of the mail sidebar. How do I get the rest of the mailboxes transferred to the On My Mac section of my mail?

after upgrading my 2019 macbook pro from mojave to catalina I my mailboxes in on my mac have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.