You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie

I have the newest version of imovie on my phone and computer but both are giving me separate issues. I created an imovie last year with the same version but now it is not letting me import videos or photos from my photo library and I'm not sure how to fix it. also my phone lets me import them and gives me audio but it does not let me see the video. please let me know if there are any easy fixes to this issue. thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 4:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 10:11 PM

I assume that you mean that you cannot access your Photos app videos from the Photos item in the side bar of an iMovie project. Is that correct? If so, open the Photos app and click on Photos/Preferences/General and make sure that the box is grayed out that says "use as system Photos library". If it is not grayed out then click on the box to gray it out. Then close Photos and iMovie and reopen iMovie. Now see if you can import your Photos app videos from the Photos item in an iMovie project sidebar.

Regarding audio but no video on vids imported from your iPhone, that might be because they are in the HEVC format. Try changing your iPhone settings to Automatic in Settings/Photos/Transfer to Mac or PC. That will give you a more compatible export format. Then re-export your vids and see if you get video and audio in iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2019 10:11 PM in response to tj401n

I assume that you mean that you cannot access your Photos app videos from the Photos item in the side bar of an iMovie project. Is that correct? If so, open the Photos app and click on Photos/Preferences/General and make sure that the box is grayed out that says "use as system Photos library". If it is not grayed out then click on the box to gray it out. Then close Photos and iMovie and reopen iMovie. Now see if you can import your Photos app videos from the Photos item in an iMovie project sidebar.

Regarding audio but no video on vids imported from your iPhone, that might be because they are in the HEVC format. Try changing your iPhone settings to Automatic in Settings/Photos/Transfer to Mac or PC. That will give you a more compatible export format. Then re-export your vids and see if you get video and audio in iMovie.

-- Rich

Imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.