You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update should it take a long time to login ?

I have just updated to Catalina but know it is taking forever to long in? Is this normal

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 5:42 PM

I can understand your concern. The answer is that a lot of things can take a long time immediately following a major macOS upgrade, but it should settle down after the system performs a multitude of tasks associated with it.

If it's taking literally forever and you conclude your iMac will never start, force it to shut down by pressing and holding its power button. Wait a moment, then start it in the usual manner.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 1, 2019 5:42 PM in response to dede2020

I can understand your concern. The answer is that a lot of things can take a long time immediately following a major macOS upgrade, but it should settle down after the system performs a multitude of tasks associated with it.

If it's taking literally forever and you conclude your iMac will never start, force it to shut down by pressing and holding its power button. Wait a moment, then start it in the usual manner.

After update should it take a long time to login ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.