You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac printer drivers

I am considering a move to MAC and just looked for Catalina drivers for my printer (TR8520). I can't find any on Canon's website. But it says they might not be needed??? How do you add printers to a MAC?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:29 AM

How to Reset the Print System. Your networked (wired/wireless) Canon TR8520 is supported by Apple's AirPrint technology that allows you to print without Canon printer drivers. AirPrint does not address scanning or faxing functionality. If Canon has current, Catalina, 64-bit compatible scanner drivers for this device, then install it. If not available, then the paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan can solve your scanning needs for this device, again without any Canon software or drivers necessary. Between AirPrint and VueScan — you can be entirely independent of Canon software.

I have used VueScan Professional since 2010 on a very old Canon scanner without paying VueScan update/upgrade fees. I am not affiliated with VueScan, nor do I receive any benefit from the vendor by mentioning their product here.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2019 8:29 AM in response to radamo59

How to Reset the Print System. Your networked (wired/wireless) Canon TR8520 is supported by Apple's AirPrint technology that allows you to print without Canon printer drivers. AirPrint does not address scanning or faxing functionality. If Canon has current, Catalina, 64-bit compatible scanner drivers for this device, then install it. If not available, then the paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan can solve your scanning needs for this device, again without any Canon software or drivers necessary. Between AirPrint and VueScan — you can be entirely independent of Canon software.

I have used VueScan Professional since 2010 on a very old Canon scanner without paying VueScan update/upgrade fees. I am not affiliated with VueScan, nor do I receive any benefit from the vendor by mentioning their product here.

Mac printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.