You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will the text that People send me only show up on my iPhone and not my new iPad?

Got a new iPad and when people send me a text, it only shows up on my iPhone. I can send a response from my iPad, but when they response back, it only goes to my iPhone.

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 1:52 PM

Hello,

Please verify that Messages is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud.

Please verify that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Messages.

Please verify that Text Message forwarding is enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Messages.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 3, 2019 1:52 PM in response to Ckmistechnologicallychallenged

Hello,

Please verify that Messages is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud.

Please verify that iMessage is enabled on your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Messages.

Please verify that Text Message forwarding is enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Messages.

Dec 3, 2019 1:53 PM in response to Ckmistechnologicallychallenged

It probably has to do with the way that you have the iPad configured. Are these SMS or iMessages? Have you checked the Settings for Messages on the iPhone and the iPad? See this for continuity setup. That should help you with the settings for the two devices. Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Why will the text that People send me only show up on my iPhone and not my new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.