You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 live wallpaper not working

When I go to assign a live wallpaper for my lock screen, it works as normal in the preview. However, when I press on the screen while at the lock screen, nothing happens. The flashlight and camera icons work just fine on the lock screen. Also strangely enough, the live wallpaper only works on my lock screen after I swipe up ever so slightly on the pop up note that says “swipe up to open” and release. If I then hit the side button and immediately try to use the live wallpaper on the lock screen, nothing happens. Only after I swipe up a little bit can I get the wallpaper to animate.

Any idea why I have to move the screen slightly up to get the live wallpaper to work? I have reduced motion and low power mode disabled, 3D Touch on, tried restarting and changing out wallpapers. Nothing seems to work.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 3:29 PM

Hello atj1993,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Live Wallpaper.

Some models do not support Live Wallpaper: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

"iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE don't support Live Wallpaper."

To play your Live Photos: Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

"How to find and play your Live Photos

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Go to the Photos tab.
  3. Tap the Live Photo.

Firmly press the screen and hold."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2019 3:29 PM in response to atj1993

Hello atj1993,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Live Wallpaper.

Some models do not support Live Wallpaper: Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

"iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE don't support Live Wallpaper."

To play your Live Photos: Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

"How to find and play your Live Photos

1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Go to the Photos tab.
  3. Tap the Live Photo.

Firmly press the screen and hold."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

iPhone 11 live wallpaper not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.