You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older versions of office products

Is there some way to get Keynote, Pages and Numbers that will with with High Sierra? The App Store seems to only have versions that require 10.14.

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 5:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 4:49 PM

iCloud and iTunes have nothing to do with downloading Mac applications, Keynote is only downloaded using the App Store on the Mac, so you sign in with your Apple ID in the App Store.

But I repeat, you must have previously installed a version of Keynote using your Apple ID to be eligible to download older versions of Keynote.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2019 4:49 PM in response to DesertRatR

iCloud and iTunes have nothing to do with downloading Mac applications, Keynote is only downloaded using the App Store on the Mac, so you sign in with your Apple ID in the App Store.

But I repeat, you must have previously installed a version of Keynote using your Apple ID to be eligible to download older versions of Keynote.

Dec 4, 2019 4:26 PM in response to Gary Scotland

This MB was registered with iCloud and signed in to iTunes under me. I formatted the HD and reinstalled the OS to give to my granddaughter. High Sierra is the latest it can handle. So what I think I can do is add myself as an account and log in to iCloud and iTunes. Presumably Apple will recognize this as my MB, and let me download Keynote, Pages and Numbers.

Dec 20, 2019 11:54 AM in response to teddap09

teddap09

High Sierra requires Keynote version 9.1

The App Store only hosts downloads of the current version of Keynote to users who have not downloaded Keynote previously, therefore Keynote is not available to you.

Your Mac is unable to have the Mac OS upgraded due to the age of the hardware, therefore the latest version of Keynote can't be installed.

Dec 20, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the quick reply. I also saw your comment that downloading an older version is only possible, if there was a previous installation of Keynote.

Actually, I raised this question to DesertRatR, as it wasn't quite clear from his post whether he had Keynote installed before formatting his HD. So I thought that maybe he found a way to install an older version of Keynote without a previous installation.

A pity that I obviously can't download any older versions now. Wonder why Apple doesn't allow me to do so. :-(

Older versions of office products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.