You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad 2 and Wacom issues

I have a late 2014 27" iMac (running MacOS 10.14.6), that I use a medium Wacom Intuos Pro with, as well as an Apple Magic Trackpad 2. Maybe once or twice a week (sometimes multiple times a day), my Wacom driver goes nuts and stops working with the Touch features - sometimes it just stops responding all together or disappears from the Wacom Desktop Center, and I have to reboot it using their tool. Occasionally when this happens, my Magic Trackpad also stops working, and I have to plug in a wired Apple mouse to use as my pointing device.

When things are really bad, I'll reboot the iMac in the hopes of making the Wacom and Trackpad 2 start working again. After the reboot though, about 80% of the time, the Trackpad isn't seen by the OS, and I have to plug in the wired mouse to be able to complete the login (choose the desired login account). Or, I may power down with the power button, restart and go into Recovery mode (⌘-R), and run Disk Utility or do an OS Reinstall.

After rebooting, and getting back to the Finder, the Trackpad and Wacom will work as expected. Other times, the Trackpad still doesn't work and isn't connected in the Bluetooth devices. I'll try to connect it, but it frequently fails, so I'll remove the device and re-add it, and then it works.

I've mentioned all of these issue to Wacom, and they've given me beta releases of their drivers, but the issues still persist.

I'm on the verge of doing a clean install of the OS, but thought that I'd check in here, to see if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions on what else I can do to resolve the issue. (I've reset the PRAM and SMC several times.)

Thanks

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 10:11 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Trackpad 2 and Wacom issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.