You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up apple ID

Have a 7th gen ipad that I am trying to set up. Entered my Apple ID and get message "It may take a few minutes to set up your apple ID..." Which is fine but just exactly how long is a few minutes? I would think less than an hour. Unable to do anything else as set-up is not complete. Any suggestions or anyone have a time frame? Yes my iCloud has a nice portion of storage being used.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 4:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 5:52 PM

Some people have had to let it run overnight.

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

2 replies

Dec 4, 2019 6:18 PM in response to Eric Root

Done a forced restart. Erased and started all over with data via apple help. (on chat/phone with them for about 4 hours trying to fix this). Now over 2 hours and still on the page that says it is set up my Apple ID for ipad (I have had this Apple ID for years). Will let it run overnight and if still stuck, then going to take it somewhere tomorrow for them to look at it--will be upset if device is just defective. It was a b-day gift (a bit late but, I will take it).

Only other Apple product is my phone in which screen broke last week so it not working and his work phone which he has at work. I can log into my Apple ID account and it shows ipad as device connected to the ID just wont let me get past this screen as setting it up as it new.

set up apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.