You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use apple watch bluetooth without being near my phone

Hello! I have apple watch series 3 (with cellular) and I can't figure out how to use my watch/wireless headphones WITHOUT my phone being nearby.

I connect my bluetooth headphones from the watch, play a song downloaded on my spotify from the watch (so phone is never being used) but when i get out of range - the headphones stop working.

How can I listen to music on my bluetooth headphones, without having my phone nearby??

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:55 AM

I connect headphones to the watch fine. I also play music downloaded from the watch through the headphones fine. The issue is when I leave my phone (so only have headphones and watch) it starts to disconnect. Is there any way to stop this so the phone distance is a non-issue?

6 replies

Dec 5, 2019 8:53 AM in response to mbk789

To connect the Watch to Bluetooth headphones, put your headphones in pairing mode. Then go to the Settings app (on the Watch) > Bluetooth, and your headphones should appear. Select them from the list, and you're set.

how to use apple watch bluetooth without being near my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.