You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar and Contacts in Outlook 2019 won't sync to my iPhone with iTunes 12.10.2

Hi everyone,

I know this may be an older issue, but I haven't yet found a definitive answer in the forums here or elsewhere online.

Does any know if it is possible to successfully sync Outlook's Contacts and Calendar from a PC to an iPhone? I am using an iPhone 8 Plus with OS 13.2.3, iTunes version 12.10.2.3, MS Outlook 2019 64-bit, and my PC is running MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1909, build 18363.476.

When I attempt to sync (from my PC to my phone only, which is what I have always done), iTunes says the Contacts and Calendar are syncing, but no actual data exchange occurs. Because of this, I have had to go back to my old laptop with MS Outlook 2010 and the same versions of iTunes & Windows.

I did see a previous short discussion similar to this issue, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250629958, but the version of Outlook was older, and the initial problem was different.

I did try to contact Apple support via phone. They didn't understand what Outlook 2019 is, and were focused on the Outlook App instead. Then the nice support person asked a manager who told them that Outlook 2019 wasn't supported and that the issue is being worked on. Seems odd, since Outlook 2019 has been out for some time. I tried Apple Support via Twitter and I received a generic "Please follow us for news on updates.." response with was not helpful at all.

I would be grateful for any suggestions or assistance.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 7:50 PM

Update: IT WORKS NOW!!! It was a Windows driver issue, not an iTunes issue.

I rechecked the link I posted in the thread I started, and I decided to check my phone driver version within the Device Manager.

With my phone plugged into my computer, I looked for it in the Windows Device Manager. It was listed in the Universal Serial Bus Devices listed as Apple Mobile Device USB Device. I double-clicked on the device and the Driver tab to check the driver version, and it was some number starting with a 6.xxxx.xxx or something odd like that. For the heck of it, I clicked the Update Driver box, and had the computer search online (as opposed to on my computer) for an updated driver. Voila - it downloaded Apple Driver 423.36.0.0 (the one mentioned in the discussion thread I mentioned in my post) and installed it.

I restarted my computer, as I was prompted to after installation, and now there are 2 items listed in the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Devices section: the original Apple Mobile Device USB Device, and Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device (above it).

I then tried to sync again, and all data transferred successfully without issue. Unfortunately, Windows had never updated with driver, despite being the most current version. I hope this helps other users with this syncing issue!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2019 7:50 PM in response to IZ2019

Update: IT WORKS NOW!!! It was a Windows driver issue, not an iTunes issue.

I rechecked the link I posted in the thread I started, and I decided to check my phone driver version within the Device Manager.

With my phone plugged into my computer, I looked for it in the Windows Device Manager. It was listed in the Universal Serial Bus Devices listed as Apple Mobile Device USB Device. I double-clicked on the device and the Driver tab to check the driver version, and it was some number starting with a 6.xxxx.xxx or something odd like that. For the heck of it, I clicked the Update Driver box, and had the computer search online (as opposed to on my computer) for an updated driver. Voila - it downloaded Apple Driver 423.36.0.0 (the one mentioned in the discussion thread I mentioned in my post) and installed it.

I restarted my computer, as I was prompted to after installation, and now there are 2 items listed in the Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Devices section: the original Apple Mobile Device USB Device, and Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device (above it).

I then tried to sync again, and all data transferred successfully without issue. Unfortunately, Windows had never updated with driver, despite being the most current version. I hope this helps other users with this syncing issue!

Calendar and Contacts in Outlook 2019 won't sync to my iPhone with iTunes 12.10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.