You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images in Safari

I recently upgraded my iPad to iPadOS but I’m a bit confused with how the Safari layout has changed. If I tap ‘Images’ it used to come up with various thumbnails and when tapping on one would bring up a full screen image. Now there is a slightly larger image amongst the smaller thumbnails but I can’t find a way to enlarge it to full screen. Any thoughts please?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 12:24 PM

It does it in all websites. If I put say ‘ bat’ in Google it comes up with various results as it should. But if I tap on ‘Images’ on the line with ‘All’, ‘Shopping’ and ‘News’ for instance, it shows many images. I then tap on one of the images and the page then shows that image in the top right corner and is slightly larger than the others. Before, tapping on an image would bring that image almost full screen with the others staying small. I can’t find a way for Safari to show images as before. Im assuming that it’s iOS 13 which has changed this.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2019 12:24 PM in response to QuickPost

It does it in all websites. If I put say ‘ bat’ in Google it comes up with various results as it should. But if I tap on ‘Images’ on the line with ‘All’, ‘Shopping’ and ‘News’ for instance, it shows many images. I then tap on one of the images and the page then shows that image in the top right corner and is slightly larger than the others. Before, tapping on an image would bring that image almost full screen with the others staying small. I can’t find a way for Safari to show images as before. Im assuming that it’s iOS 13 which has changed this.

Images in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.