You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

catalina AND SCANNERS/PRINTERS

I am hearing a lot of comments as to what scanners/printers are not compatible with Catalina but I can find no way to locate any of those who are. I really need a scanner but do not wish to purchase one without knowing that it is compatible.

Has anyone had any word from Apple themselves as to how we can overcome this very big problem / or even suggest a trusted affiliate who may manufacture such a scanner/printer?

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 8:12 AM

I just replaced my really old 2006 Epson all-in-one for economical reasons (expensive hard to find ink) with a new Epson EcoTank, which AirPrints and Scans as expected, from any of my Mac's running High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.

see > Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support

and > About AirPrint - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2019 8:12 AM in response to Maxi2014

I just replaced my really old 2006 Epson all-in-one for economical reasons (expensive hard to find ink) with a new Epson EcoTank, which AirPrints and Scans as expected, from any of my Mac's running High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina.

see > Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support

and > About AirPrint - Apple Support

Dec 8, 2019 7:58 AM in response to Maxi2014

The best way is to narrow it down to a few candidates and go to the Manufacturers support website and see if it mentions Catalina.

That being said, there are other options. Often, Image capture - standard on the mac - will allow you to scan from some scanners. If all else fails, Vuescan will let you run practically any scanner from any operating system and will even future proof you. Worth every penny.

catalina AND SCANNERS/PRINTERS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.