You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos to Mac

Hi. I take photos on my phone. They upload to my icloud account and I can see them there. They do not download to my Mac. any ideas?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 10:13 AM

From support.apple.com: How to download content from iCloud.com

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download icon  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your content as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was orginally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible. 
  3. Click Download.

Published Date: February 15, 2019

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2019 10:13 AM in response to Audsea

From support.apple.com: How to download content from iCloud.com

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download icon  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your content as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was orginally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible. 
  3. Click Download.

Published Date: February 15, 2019

Dec 8, 2019 12:43 PM in response to Audsea

If you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing. If that is set up and then aren't syncing, try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stopPhotos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Downloading photos to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.