You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Wi-Fi and cellular data switch on after device restarts

Hi, recently I bought a new iPhone 11. One problem is that the wi-fi and cellular data connection is automatically switch on whenever I reboot the iPhone. Most of the time I always turn off the wi-fi and cellular data (80% of the time I don't even use cellular data, so I don't turn it on) during the night and reboot the phone before charging it. So, I'm not sure if this was a bug or a feature because it does't happen on my iPhone 6s and iPhone 8 (both runs on iOS 13). Anyone experience the same issue? Thanks in advance!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 5:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2019 1:28 PM in response to bapak_jerung

Hi bapak_jerung,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like Wi-Fi and cellular data are coming on automatically after restarting your iPhone. I’m happy to provide some help.

If you are turning off these features from Control Center, I suggest trying to turn them off from the actual Settings app to see if the issue persists. 

It is expected behavior for those features to be re-enabled if you disable them from Control Center and restart your device. You can read more below:

Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 and later - Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone 11 Wi-Fi and cellular data switch on after device restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.