You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina crashing daily

I am using Catalina + MacBook Pro 2019 and Adode CC latest updates every day. After Catalina upgrade and recent 2020 CC updates it's been total crash course. Nobody knows in our company what we should do, some of my colleagues have a same problem. Suddenly everything freezes and only way out is forced reboot.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 11, 2019 5:42 PM in response to makrofoni

Greetings makrofoni,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you updated macOS and other apps, but now the MacBook Pro is crashing. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

"Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode

If an issue doesn't happen when your Mac is started in safe mode, try restarting without pressing any keys.

• If the issue comes back, you might have incompatible login items.
  • If the issue doesn't come back, it was probably caused by a cache or directory issue with your startup disk, which safe mode fixed."

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If your Mac restarted because of a problem

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Jan 25, 2020 5:49 AM in response to sterling r

@sterlingr I am having the very same problem and I have tried your steps above number of times. These resolved nothing in my case and the problem keeps coming back. Nothing on my machine has changes and the issue started happening about a week ago (2nd half of January 2020). The only change is I updated XCode to very latest.

Catalina 10.15.2

XCode 11.3.1 (11C504)

Catalina crashing daily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.