You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new 2019 MacBook Air wake up very slow!

My new Dec 2019 MacBook Air is (very) slow to "wake up" when I open the top it's not shut down, just I guess in a sleep mode as I shut the screen lid top. My old MacBook did not have any delay. Any info please? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 12:11 PM

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. I suggest doing both of the following to see if either resolves the problem:

1. Create a new user account on your Mac. Log out of the existing account, and then, log back in with this new account. Ref: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Boot up your Mac in Safe mode. Go ahead and log in with your original account. Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2019 12:11 PM in response to geofffrombishopsstortford

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. I suggest doing both of the following to see if either resolves the problem:

1. Create a new user account on your Mac. Log out of the existing account, and then, log back in with this new account. Ref: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Boot up your Mac in Safe mode. Go ahead and log in with your original account. Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Dec 10, 2019 11:04 AM in response to geofffrombishopsstortford

Let's start with did you migrate or restore your data to this new notebook or are you using it without doing so ... so that it only contains the original OS and apps that Apple provides? I ask, as the issue may be caused by the restoration of your data.

Regardless, what have you tried to resolve this yourself, so that we don't have you trying things that you have already did and didn't help?

new 2019 MacBook Air wake up very slow!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.