You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The app to install High Sierra Doesn't Work, and so now what?

I'm updating my laptop from Sierra to High Sierra, downloaded the software & the install app. Closed all other apps, and the installer, is just about to restart and begin installing it, and an error window pops up saying something went wrong with the app and to "try again". Great, so I try again, and again, and then again, and still nothing! I go back to the App Store thinking I could download another install app, but when I do a search for High Sierra, it of course shows nothing! What kind of insanity is this, that in Apple's own App Store, where I just downloaded the software an hour ago, now gives me no help whatsoever, and the software I just downloaded can't even be found in a search? And of course, there's no suggestions of how to remedy this impasse, beyond "TRYING AGAIN"???

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Look & see in Applications for Install MacOS High Sierra.

Might try trashing that if it doesn't work & trying again in Safe Mode...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Similar questions

4 replies

The app to install High Sierra Doesn't Work, and so now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.