You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy Not Responding

The problem:

I need to allow camera for browser and after touching the Security & Privacy. Immediately after that System Preferences hangs.

I notice this problem after the last Catalina update (10.15.1). Although, I'm not opening this tab very often, I'm sure it's related to Catalina.

Console log:

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.remoteservice.30883): 
Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = 
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Frameworks/SafariServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.SafariServices.ExtensionHelper.xpc error = 122: 
Path had bad ownership/permissions, origin = 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.remoteservice.30883): 
Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = 
/Library/Apple/System/Library/Frameworks/SafariServices.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.SafariServices.xpc error = 122: 
Path had bad ownership/permissions, origin = 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc

Dec 13 07:17:37 macabook com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice[30883]: objc[30883]: 
Class AWDSecurityPrefAutoUnlockSetup is implemented in both 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice (0x107217768) 
and 
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/Security (0x109b34180). 
One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I tried the following:

1. Reboot my macbook pro multiple times, including safe mode reboot.
  2. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ contents.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 13, 2019 2:33 AM in response to kvaDrug

Another problem, probably related: macOS 10.15.2 is not installing! It downloads, I reboot the mac and then it's downloaded again. I had the same problem with SF Symbols app - it wasn't able to finish the update. I thought that this is the problem connected with that app and removed it. But now I'm pretty sure I have a malware. Now I'm copying important files and then I'll reinstall macOS from scratch.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy Not Responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.