You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.1 operating system needed

I need 13.1 operating system on my iPad to be able to work with my company resources?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 6:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 8:49 AM

If your iPad Air is the first generation, it can run no higher than iOS 12.4.4. iPad Air 2 and 3 can run iPadOD13. For help determining your model, please see:

Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 13, 2019 9:07 AM in response to 1242DC

If your iPad is the 2013, 1st generation iPad Air 1, then it cannot be upgraded any farther than iOS 12.4.4.

Apple has deemed the internal hardware in that over 6-year old iPad insufficient to run all of the new features of the current iPadOS.

Sorry. It is what it is at this late date.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

13.1 operating system needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.