You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X footage glitching

I am trying to export a video that I have finished editing and since attempting this the clips seem to have corrupted or something?

Before exporting the clips they were completely fine but now there is some kind of glitch when playing them back in FCPX. It seems to be merging footage from the previous clip on top of the current one and create a very pixelated effect that lasts around a second and this seems to happen randomly.

They were all filmed on an IPhone 8 plus,

and my MacBook Pro (that I have been editing and attempted to export on) specs are:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor - 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics - Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

I have attached a screenshot of what the glitch looks like below, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 3:20 PM

So as far as i can remember this is what i did.

1) I selected the clips from this area using cmd a

2)When selected they looked like this

3) I then went to the file tab and clicked on transcode media

4) This window came up and i selected create optimized media

I hope this helps

Similar questions

13 replies

Dec 13, 2019 8:36 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi thank you for the reply, im relatively new to FC and not sure what this does so I just wanted to check what it does before I do it. I have already completed editing the video and it has taken a very long time to get this far so I didnt want to risk deleting all of the clips and edits that i have done without checking first, thanks

Im using macOS Catalina version 10.15.1

and Final Cut Pro X version 10.4.8

Mar 2, 2020 4:39 AM in response to B_E_IV

I've been having this issue too.

iPhone Pro Max, recording in 4K 30 and editing in FCP (latest update).

It would randomly show the glitches you've demo'd, in almost every video I edited. To the point I was exporting multiple times, just to fix a new glitch. Really frustrating.

I believe I've sorted it for me. Which was to change the 'Formats' in the camera settings to 'Most Compatible' instead of 'High Efficiency'. Yes the files are larger, but so far I've not had any issues since using this setting.

Final Cut Pro X footage glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.