You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2013 crashes when trying to wake from sleep since upgrading to MacOS Catalina

I have Mac Pro 2013 that has started to have kernel panics when trying to wake from sleep since upgrading to Catalina. I have 2 monitors attached to thunderbolt ports: an Apple thunderbolt monitor and an Apple Cinema Monitor. I have reset the PRAM and SMC, but this didn't resolve the issue.

The panic trace includes the following message:

Wake transition timed out after 180 seconds while calling power state change callbacks. Suspected bundle: com.apple.driver.AppleThunderboltDPOutAdapter.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 6:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 6:56 AM

A good first step is to boot into Safe Mode, which often clears up the things that get in our way. Then continue to monitor the issue

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac Pro 2013 crashes when trying to wake from sleep since upgrading to MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.