You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is stuck in Turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water but the Digital Crown is not doing anything

I have a new Apple Watch Series 5 and it updated this morning to watchOS 6.1.1. It wasn't dropped or misused in any way, but this evening I was getting some eratic taptic feedback from the device and I tried to check if I could do something to make it go back to normal. For instance when I was going through notifications it did some jumping up/down or when I went to the all apps screen it did not allow me to choose an app but was zooming in/out.

My idea was that maybe some kind of water or humidity went in the device and I tried the Eject Water functionality but since then my device has got stuck in the water lock screen and when I try to unlock it I get nothing from the Digital Crown.

I found Apple's tip about running lukewarm water for about 15 seconds but it also did nothing. Can I reset it some how to at least get it out of Water Lock mode until I get it to Apple Service?

Thanks,

G.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Try a reset by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

Similar questions

1 reply

My Apple Watch is stuck in Turn Digital Crown to unlock and eject water but the Digital Crown is not doing anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.