You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to listen to playlist

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to play my playlists anymore. They only repeat the first song over and over

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 4:49 PM

Hi there, akgirl2468.

I see that, when you play the songs you've placed in a playlist, it just keeps repeating the first song, and I'm glad to help.

Repeat and shuffle music -- Make sure that Repeat isn't on. This article shows you how.

Take care.

4 replies

Dec 19, 2019 7:47 AM in response to akgirl2468

You’re welcome, akgirl2468. We're glad we could help! And, I'm glad to answer your question.

Repeat and shuffle music -- The steps below show you how to find by the Repeat and Shuffle buttons on the Now Playing screen.

"How to turn repeat on or off on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

1. Open the Music app and play a song, album, or playlist.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the song that's playing to open Now Playing.
  3. At the bottom of the Now Playing screen, tap Up Next .
  4. At the top of the Up Next screen, you can turn repeat on or off:
    • To repeat an album or playlist, tap Repeat  so it looks like .
    • To repeat a song, tap Repeat  until you see .
    • To turn off repeat, tap  or  until you see .

To check if repeat is turned on, open Now Playing and look for  or .”

Cheers!

How to listen to playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.