You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro connecting multiple devices

I have three devices I would like to connect my AirPods Pro to;

MacBook Air

iPhone 8

iPhone 8 plus

The first two devices are provided by my work, therefore use a work email address for the Apple ID. The last device, the plus, is my personal phone and uses my own Apple ID. My question, is can the AirPods be connected to these devices without manual switching?

For example, listening to Spotify on my personal phone, I get a call on my work phone and can answer using the pods control and not manually switching. Then can use the headphones on my laptop for an online call without switching, etc.

I would prefer not to have to use my personal Apple ID on all devices but I would if that was the only option - the idea is not to have to select the pods on every device when I want to use them

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 4:41 AM

Hello,

You might be able to share audio:

Share audio with your wireless headphones - Apple Support

However, in any case, I think that it would be difficult to be listening on one device, have a call come in on another device, and have the AirPods transfer to the other device:

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2019 4:41 AM in response to everythingmac90

Hello,

You might be able to share audio:

Share audio with your wireless headphones - Apple Support

However, in any case, I think that it would be difficult to be listening on one device, have a call come in on another device, and have the AirPods transfer to the other device:

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

Good luck.

Airpods pro connecting multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.