You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID /password

My grandmother passed away and my grandfather gave me her phone I've had it for a little over 6 months and even tho I've made a user name /Apple ID it will not let me take her off the phone because no one knew her password and we don't know what to we tried resetting phone and everything possible but nothing apple hangs up on me and at this point I am so anger I don't know if I even want to switch from my android can someone please help me I would gratefully appreciate it from the bottom of my heart

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 5:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 6:40 AM

If you are seeing an Activation Lock, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store. Also take a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will or a document that shows you inherited it.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2019 6:40 AM in response to Christina1980_

If you are seeing an Activation Lock, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store. Also take a copy of the death certificate and a copy of the will or a document that shows you inherited it.

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Apple ID /password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.