You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Search for Films in Library Anymore

I used to be able to search my film library that was imported into ITunes, but ever since Apple TV+ was launched, any search query I run takes me straight to results from the store, but doesn't look at films from my own personal library of movies. Is that on purpose, or am I missing something?

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 9:39 PM

Same thing for me on the Mac TV App. It'll point me to the store and while I can view the movie, it won't let me access the Extras. I'd have to physically scroll down my library to play the Extras. Splitting up TV, Music, etc from a central iTunes app on Macs was the most idiotic thing ever conceived of. I have to pull out a Windows PC to do what I used to be able to do on a Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2019 9:39 PM in response to Tabbouleh

Same thing for me on the Mac TV App. It'll point me to the store and while I can view the movie, it won't let me access the Extras. I'd have to physically scroll down my library to play the Extras. Splitting up TV, Music, etc from a central iTunes app on Macs was the most idiotic thing ever conceived of. I have to pull out a Windows PC to do what I used to be able to do on a Mac.

Cannot Search for Films in Library Anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.