You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone help me with this problem?so i have my apple id balance as $10 but when i buy something it says requires payment method.anyone know how to help?

my apple id balance is $10 but i cant use it cuz when i buy something it says requires payment method can someone help?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 1:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2019 1:23 PM in response to R3dw4rd

The store will requie a payment method that can be correctly charged to access the store services including downloading free apps and updating apps for 2 reasons.

1. Its either a new Apple ID, and has not yet used the iTunes store,
  2. The payment method on file is not verified.

If the payment method stopped being verified for any reason (usually because it was unable to be charged for something), then it will require re-verification and will pop up the screen until its verified. If you have a pending purchase, it will need to be completed as part of the verification process.

It may also ask for payment method verification if you are Part of family sharing. It should not charge the Family Organizer's payment method however if you have enough iTunes credit balance to cover the cost of the item plus any applicable taxes.

If your payment method is getting declined, you'll need to contact your bank or credit card issuer to find out why.

Once the payment method has been correctly verified it can be removed, and it should not ask for it again.

See here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Note that for verification, Apple may place an authorization hold on it. This hold is reversed shortly after verification is completed.

See here: About payment card authorization holds from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Anyone help me with this problem?so i have my apple id balance as $10 but when i buy something it says requires payment method.anyone know how to help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.