You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter got a new phone and I want to do family sharing on her new phone and take it off her old phone how do I do this

My daughter got a new phone. She will no longer be using the phone that we initially did family sharing with. She will be using her new phone with her original iCloud account and I want to family share with that phone instead of the old phone

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 12:47 PM

The new one should automatically appear in family sharing if it’s setup with the same Apple ID as the old phone. You would need to restore the old phone to factory and turn find my iPhone off on it if you no longer want it (the old one) to show

1 reply

My daughter got a new phone and I want to do family sharing on her new phone and take it off her old phone how do I do this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.