You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People aren't shown in people library

I made the initial process and many people get deducted. A few of them I want to see and a few of them not in the people library, so I made changes.

Now, I want to add a few more people. I select them on the pictures, give them a name but unfortunately they don't get shown.

What do I need to do?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 9:33 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, captainharry!

I understand you're not able to see people in the Faces section of Photos. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you solve this.

Check to see if this also happens within safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 9:33 AM in response to captainharry

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, captainharry!

I understand you're not able to see people in the Faces section of Photos. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you solve this.

Check to see if this also happens within safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Dec 23, 2019 12:01 PM in response to captainharry

If a named face is not appearing in the "People" album, the album for this person may have become hidden.

To add the album back to the People album, find a photo of the person

• ,then view the photo enlarged and and scroll up, so you can see the "People" section below the enlarged photo.
  • Click on the faces thumbnail of the person to open the hidden album for the person.
  • When the People album opens, scroll down to the bottom of the album and click "Add to People Album".

Now you should be able to see the detected faces of this person.

People aren't shown in people library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.