You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages won't sync, cannot delete them from iCloud

I have a bunch of messages in the cloud. I would like to delete them, however it has not been possible to do this.

Several weeks ago I made the mistake of enabling iCloud messages. In theory this would have allowed me to have all my messages on all my apple devices. Except it doesn't work properly. Messages don't sync or sync out of order. Anyway, I decided I didn't want to use a broken feature, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to delete the messages from the cloud?

Basically, it says on iCloud.com and on my devices, I have over 700Mb of messages in the cloud, but these messages do not appear on any of my devices. I have tried the disable and delete option on my iPhone, but just get an error message that iCloud settings could not be updated at this time. I attempted this on my Mac and nothing happens if you click the button. I have tried logging out of all devices, completely resetting my iPhone and then logging into iCloud and turning on messages in the cloud, the system syncs, I delete any messages that appear, yet still 700Mb is still being taken in the cloud. I have toggled the keychain option as other threads suggested this, but no luck. I have tried creating new messages and these sync, and then delete these messages, but still 700Mb is taken in the cloud.

Before I use the nuclear option of deleting my Apple ID and throwing my Apple devices into the skip, I wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions?

Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 8:15 AM

See if anything here helps.

Manage your iCloud storage

If necessary contact iCloud Support. 

iCloud Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Messages won't sync, cannot delete them from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.