You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen phone

Dear Mr. ir Ms. 

I bought three iPhones 11 Pro Max in Latvia from an official Apple reseller iDeal for a Windows Systems SIA on 28.10.2019. One of the phones was sent to Switzerland by dhl but it was stolen from the parcel, the phone was not turned on by us and did not have an Apple ID. I have all the documents for the purchase with the serial numbers. I would like to ask for blocking of this phone. All the documents that you need about the purchase I can send to you. Thank you. 

Best Regards, 

Windows Systems

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:58 AM

Apple does not get involved with stolen phones. Was this DHL shipment one you made, or was this made by the Reseller directly to Switzerland? If the Reseller made the shipment, then they need to open a claim with DHL. If you made the shipment to Switzerland, then you need to open a claim with DHL for the stolen device.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 8:58 AM in response to SofiaKa

Apple does not get involved with stolen phones. Was this DHL shipment one you made, or was this made by the Reseller directly to Switzerland? If the Reseller made the shipment, then they need to open a claim with DHL. If you made the shipment to Switzerland, then you need to open a claim with DHL for the stolen device.

Dec 23, 2019 9:05 AM in response to SofiaKa

You cannot block or lock or turn off a non activated phone. There's no magic wand to wave to block a phone that is turned off, and has not been connected to any system yet because there is no way to access it.

Apple will not lock out any phone by serial number from activating if that is what you mean. They do not get involved in thefts in that way.

Contact DHL and ask them to cover the theft. It was in their possession when stolen, and was their responsibility.

Stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.