You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse disappearing

I've seen some community articles about a disappearing mouse cursor but none explaining how to fix it permanently?

Every so often the cursor disappears. It's still there as moving around it tends to highlight different buttons... I can get it back by moving the mouse to the top of the screen, changing applications, etc. But it doesn't last too long and disappears again.

How can I fix this? It's pretty annoying.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 9:13 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2019 2:05 PM in response to honeywood94

Hi there, honeywood94!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue with your mouse cursor disappearing on your MacBook Pro. You should check out this article for How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac as well as this article for How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac and test after each reset to see if the issue continues happening.

Next, I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.

Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide. 

Let me know the results and have a great day!

Mouse disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.