You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have malware?

I've had different vague signs of remote monitoring. Here is the report from EtreCheck:

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 5:09 AM

The OneDrive may not actually be installed, but you failed to uninstall it correctly (or the uninstaller is garbage). You should have used Microsoft's uninstaller to remove it.

Etrecheck is showing that the launch daemon plist for the autoupdate function is still installed. It is just a text file that Etrecheck is reading and showing what the launchd plist is trying to launch (the executable), but likely failing. That would cause problems that you may or may not notice.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2019 5:09 AM in response to Julias95

The OneDrive may not actually be installed, but you failed to uninstall it correctly (or the uninstaller is garbage). You should have used Microsoft's uninstaller to remove it.

Etrecheck is showing that the launch daemon plist for the autoupdate function is still installed. It is just a text file that Etrecheck is reading and showing what the launchd plist is trying to launch (the executable), but likely failing. That would cause problems that you may or may not notice.

Dec 24, 2019 12:12 AM in response to Julias95

FWIW, You should uninstall AVG and BitDefender. Antivirus programs are unnecessary, slow performance and are known to cause problems. You might want to update EtreCheck. The current version is 6.1.9 and enable Full Disk Access.

The next time you post an EtreCheck report, please copy the report from "Share Report > Copy to clipboard", then use the additional text icon to paste in the report.

Do I have malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.