You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fix MacBook Pro Anti-Reflective Coating Repair Program

Yesterday I took my Macbook Pro 2015 to an Apple service center in Vietnam to fix my Mac with "fix MacBook Pro Anti-Reflective Coating Repair Program".

Service center Thuan My Ltd. Ltd received my device, but after checking this morning the warranty center feedbacked "Apple refused to give warranty because the machine has replaced the non-genuine battery".

I want to ask, is that the right policy for the program fix MacBook Pro Anti-Reflective Coating Repair?

Because replacing the battery is not related to the screen.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 7:31 PM

Apple's warranty policy specifically voids the warranty if you have any repairs done or parts replaced that are not done by an Apple certified technician with Apple parts. By replacing the battery with a non-Apple battery you caused the warranty to become void. Apple will not only void the warranty but also will refuse to perform any repairs. Unfortunately, you are out of luck and will have to fix the coating yourself.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2019 7:31 PM in response to nambph

Apple's warranty policy specifically voids the warranty if you have any repairs done or parts replaced that are not done by an Apple certified technician with Apple parts. By replacing the battery with a non-Apple battery you caused the warranty to become void. Apple will not only void the warranty but also will refuse to perform any repairs. Unfortunately, you are out of luck and will have to fix the coating yourself.

Fix MacBook Pro Anti-Reflective Coating Repair Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.