You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Microphone Issue

Microphone not properly working when loudspeaker is on during phone call or video chat. How to fix this?

I already did the following:

• Restarting
  • Resetting Content and Network and Settings as well
  • Restoring via iTunes

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Hi daysuki,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand your microphone isn't working on your iPhone 7 Plus for phone calls or for video chats.

I'm glad to help with this.

You've done some great troubleshooting already.

I suggest you also test the microphone using Voice Memos, and using the Camera app for both the front and rear cameras.

This explains how: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If the microphone is grayed out in Voice Memos or the speaker is grayed out during phone calls, I recommend that you contact Apple Support to see about service options. You can use this link: Official Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2019 2:46 PM in response to daysuki

Hi daysuki,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand your microphone isn't working on your iPhone 7 Plus for phone calls or for video chats.

I'm glad to help with this.

You've done some great troubleshooting already.

I suggest you also test the microphone using Voice Memos, and using the Camera app for both the front and rear cameras.

This explains how: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If the microphone is grayed out in Voice Memos or the speaker is grayed out during phone calls, I recommend that you contact Apple Support to see about service options. You can use this link: Official Apple Support

Best Regards.

iPhone 7 Plus Microphone Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.